When it comes to choosing a web host for your WordPress website, there’s no denying there are plenty of options to choose from. But if you’re looking for a web host that’s not only officially recommended by WordPress.org, but hosts over 2 million domains while providing hosting services designed to make website owners more productive and less stressed, SiteGround may be your best option.
Today we’re going to take a deeper look at what SiteGround is and what it has to offer website owners.
Here’s a quick preview:
Shared, Cloud, WordPress, WooCommerce, Reseller, Enterprise
Money Back Guarantee
30-day money back guarantee
Speed and Uptime
Above industry standard speed and 99.99% uptime guarantee
24/7 phone, live chat, and ticket
Proprietary control panel (SiteTools)
Multiple data centers, tight security, free site migrations, Cloudflare CDN, free daily backups, free SSL certificates
Starting at $3.95/month
SiteGround, launched in 2004, has grown into one of the most well-known and respected web hosting providers in the market. With a team of more than 500 spanning the globe, SiteGround strives to take care of its customers’ websites and make running a successful blog, online business, or eCommerce shop a cinch on website owners. It also prides itself in offering stellar customer support that many web hosts can’t beat.
Top Features of SiteGround
SiteGround has recently made the switch to a proprietary control panel called SiteTools. Unfortunately, this may mean current users of SiteGround will have to learn to navigate a new control panel after having been accustomed to the familiar and user-friendly cPanel.
That said, the new control panel has a clean and modern look. Its organized interface makes managing your hosting account and websites easy.
For example, in SiteTools you can easily control things like:
- SSL certificate set up
- Staging sites
- Cloudflare CDN services
- Sitebuilder drag and drop page builder
- Domains (multisite) and subdomains
- Daily site backups
- Email accounts
- And much more
2. Speed and Uptime
Site speed is crucial to the success of your website. Luckily, SiteGround takes this into account, no matter what hosting plan you have and helps optimize your website for optimal speed and performance.
To start, SiteGround offers site owners free content delivery network (CDN) services through Cloudflare. A CDN delivers your site’s content to people across the globe instantly and reduces latency. This means faster load times, a better user experience, and higher search rankings.
In addition, SiteGround also helps boost site speed with the following features:
- Datacenters on four continents
- Solid State Drive (SSD) storage
- 3 tiered caching system (SuperCacher)
- HTTP/2 and PHP7 enabled
- NGINX web server technology
- Google Cloud powered infrastructure
SiteGround ensures that its technology is regularly updated so as to keep up with the competition and advanced technology.
SietGround offers some of the best security available. In other words, if you use SiteGround to host your website, you can trust it will be secure.
Of course, you’ll have to take a proactive approach to site security on the backend of your website, despite SiteGround’s built-in security measures.
But here’s what you can expect SiteGround to do to help:
- Site Isolation: shared web hosting means your website is hosted on a server alongside many other websites. SiteGround knows the impact one website can have on all others and seeks to protect users from negatively impacting each other but isolating each website on a server.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF): the web application firewall installed protects your site from security breaches and hack attacks.
- HTTP/2 Technology: all SiteGround servers support HTTP/2 technology, which is the most secure option available today.
- Proactive Patches: anytime a new security threat emerges, the team at SiteGround sends out a proactive patch to help protect your site’s data.
- Automate Updates: unlike many web hosts, SiteGround will ensure the WordPress core, as well as your themes and plugins are up to date at all times.After all, outdated software can leave your site vulnerable to attack.
- Free SSL Certificate: each web hosting plan comes with a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate for securing information that passes between your website and your site visitors’ browsers.
Lastly, SiteGround performs automatic, daily site backups – free of charge. This is not a feature all web hosting providers offers customers, pushing SiteGround ahead of the competition. And to top it off, restoring your site in the case of a security breach is as easy as a few clicks, and also comes free of charge, which not all web hosts do for customers.
4. Stellar Support
SiteGround is known for having expert, timely, and professional customer support. It’s available 24/7/365, meaning anytime you have an issue, someone is on hand to help. In addition, there are several support channels available: phone, live chat, and ticket.
In addition to speaking to a web hosting expert, SiteGround provides its customers a vast library of self-help resources. The Knowledge Base alone is packed with hundreds of articles on topics ranging from the control panel to web hosting. There are also plenty of content management system specific tutorials and eBooks helping site owners succeed.
5. SiteGround Pricing
SiteGround offers several different types of web hosting to suit the needs of all people. That said, shared web hosting is the one we’re going to look at in terms of pricing.
Currently, SiteGround offers three shared hosting tiers:
All SiteGround shared hosting plans come with feature like:
- Unmetered traffic
- Free WordPress installation
- SSL certificate
- CDN services
- Daily site backups
- Free email accounts
- Unlimited databases
Keep in mind that there are monthly visit and storage space caps on each hosting plan. In addition, if you want access to things like staging sites and priority support, you’ll have to invest in a higher priced plan.
Altogether, SiteGround is a web host that provides a lot of value for your money. Not only does it comes with all the features you should get from any web host, it makes site security and customer support a priority. Plus, it comes with impressive speed and uptime, meaning your site visitors will always have a seamless experience once they arrive on your website.
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable web hosting service for you website, you should definitely consider SiteGround.