VPS is the abbreviation of Virtual Private Server; this particular type is a blend of both shared web hosting and dedicated web hosting.
Bringing the Positive Aspects of Both in One!
With VPS, you get the benefits and features of a dedicated server while paying a fraction of what you have to spend there.
How does VPS work?
With a virtual private server, your website will be sharing a single server with other websites still. However, the number of sites you’ll be sharing it with lowers considerably.
As the name suggests, in this type, the central server is divided into several virtual servers. Different websites can personalize these cybernetic servers.
Although you are still sharing the central server with other sites, your website will experience dedicated resources with a VPS.
VPS is best for
Virtual Private Server hosting is ideal for a small personal website or an intermediate business entity. People, who can’t afford to invest in the expensive dedicated hosting plan, can still save themselves from sudden interruption or crash on their website.
It is an excellent alternative for website and business owners who still have a shared hosting plan, but the resources are not sufficient for their needs anymore. And they cannot yet bring themselves to bear the expenses of a dedicated hosting plan.
A virtual private server is profitable for those website owners who are into technology and want to get the best things at a better price. They can make customized changes to their server configuration as well.
Some of the Merits and Demerits of VPS
- You get the facility to make customized configurations to your website server
- You can experience dedicated hosting server resources
- Much affordable than a dedicated web hosting server
- VPS comes with advanced uptime rates and faster loading speeds
- It is not as simple to set up as a shared server.
- You still have to share the central server with numerous other websites
- There are still some restrictions on the things you can control